Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Other
Experience:  Training in HIV and AIDS emergencies, Ivy League trained
16455829

Dear Doctor , First i want to thank you amazing websites

Customer Question

Dear Doctor ,
First i want to thank you for the amazing websites which i was interested to come in with my question after in saw it online,
I had one time unprotected sex with unknown HIV female status 78 days ago and been so worried all this while an still much worried that's why i came here , i been testing with finger prick rapid tests all this while 78 days first 2 weeks and one month and 2 month today after 78 days i got 4 different HIV finger prick tests and make it and it was negative ? my question is this tests accurate ? and 78 days is enough to stop worrying ? i have been using different types if kits just to make sure all is ok just because am much worried and planning to get married in august ? what is m status or percentage ? i believe i have good immune system or in other world strong immune system does that delay the test to show positive ? i just want to relax please help me and sorry for my poor English hope i will get answer soon ,thanks
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am driving will be there soon
hi
You need 90 days to be in the clear- so 78 days is a good sign, but you need 90
Or you can do a PCR RNA test or 4th gen DUO test which would be conclusive now
I hope that this helped
please leave positive feedback for my time and expertise :-)