Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Other
Experience:  Training in HIV and AIDS emergencies, Ivy League trained
16455829

I am a male that had unprotected sex back in march. About a

Customer Question

I am a male that had unprotected sex back in march. About a week after I experienced a fever and had itchy red dots near my genitals with only a few on my shaft, but none of them were painful. At this point I was extremely worried I had a STI and this might have been a contributor to my fever symptoms if thats possible. After a week or two the majority of the dots cleared up. Since then my genital area has remained itchy and irritated. Recently I developed three bumps that bleed when i attempted to pop them, but then leaked yellowish pus and healed to only leave a faint mark kind of like a scar. During the main occurrence of the three bumps I posted a question on this site with a picture of the bumps and I was told I had infected hair follicles. I have been tested for STI's and was clean. I just want to know if my symptoms sound like Genital Herpes or Foliculitis. Would a Genital Herpes outbreak leave my genitals irritated for this long? Thanks
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 1 year ago.
Hi
This sounds like folliculits
Genital herpes is super painful
I would wash with warm water and soap. Keep clean and dry and don't shave (if you do) until it resolves
I hope this helped
Please leave positive feedback for my time and expertise :-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So the fever is just a fluke? Do herpes outbreaks have pain involved with the bumps and dots?
Fever is a fluke
Herpes has clear lesions which become painful ulcers
Ryan
Is there anything else or did I provide you with excellent service?