TheBugDoctor, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  I am a Board Certified Infectious Diseases physician with many years experience treating a broad range of infectious diseases.

i mean,i have hiv and my wife is pregnant for me,what shall

i mean,i have hiv and my wife is pregnant for me,what shall be done,is it good to terminate the baby,or do the baby have chance of survival?do we leave the pregnant or do we terminate it?
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  TheBugDoctor replied 5 years ago.

Do you know if your wife has HIV as well?

Was she tested? and if so, is she on medications?

What medications are you on- and do you know your CD4 count and viral load?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
she has not be tested and and she is not on any medications,and also i dont know my count of CD4,and im not on medication too,

Well, the first step , in order to best answer your questions, is for her to be tested.

If she is not infected, and does not become infected during pregnancy, then the risk to the baby is zero.

Even if she is infected, most of the time (but certainly not always) transmission occurs late in pregnancy. It has been well established that treating pregnant women with antiviral medications markedly lowers the risk to the baby- With proper care to the point where her viral load becomes undetectable, the risk should be no more than 2%.

I would also advise that you see a doctor, and assess your status- CD4 count, viral load and determine if you should be on medications. And you should not have unprotected sex with your wife until this is all sorted out.

Good luck.

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.

If I have answered your question, please click the ACCEPT button so I can get credit for my work.

POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are warmly appreciated.
Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an IN PERSON assessment by your doctor,
and does not establish a patient-physician relationship.