TheBugDoctor
TheBugDoctor, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  I am a Board Certified Infectious Diseases physician with many years experience treating a broad range of infectious diseases.
13956133

hi i am i hiv patience from last 6 years

Customer Question

hi i am i hiv patience from last 6 years and taking regular medication trimune30. my viral load remain less than 20 but my cd4 remain 200.i need to chage medicine
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  TheBugDoctor replied 5 years ago.

If your viral load is undetectable, what is the reason you need to change your regimen?

Have you ever had a genotype test? Any prior resistance?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no i never did genotype test but every year i did viral load and cd4 test.when i started this trimune30 medicine daily twice i response very fast and my viral load remained less than 20 in few month and my cd4 count reached 650 but i felt depressed and i left this meadicen for two weeks and again started this medicine.at that time my viral load remain less than 20 and cd4 increase till 215-230 but last 3 years it remained nearby 200.so i want to know for increase cd4 now i need to change to medicine or not. ple give me advice

I likely would not change your regimen if your viral load was still undetectable- but that is a controversial question what to do when the viral response is excellent, but the CD4 count is low.

Frankly if you are not having significant side effects, I would stick with this regimen and just encourage you to optimize compliance- not missing any doses. Your risk of complications in fact t is quite low with an undetectable viral load, even with the CD4 count in its current range.

Good luck.

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.

If I have answered your question, please click the ACCEPT button so I can get credit for my work.

POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are warmly appreciated.
Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an IN PERSON assessment by your doctor,
and does not establish a patient-physician relationship.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi dear doc any way to increase to cd4 with this medicine because now I am not feling any side effect

There really is not anything you can do that will reliably increase a CD4 count, aside from your antiviral medications.

Again, your risk of AIDS related complications is low with your current values.

Good luck.