TheBugDoctor
TheBugDoctor, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  I am a Board Certified Infectious Diseases physician with many years experience treating a broad range of infectious diseases.
13956133

unprotected sex..ejaculated..my lymph node areas became hot

I recently had the possibility of exposure during unprotected sex as the receptor, and my partner ejaculated inside me. He stated he had no diseases.
About 2 days later, I didnt feel well, and essentially all my lymph node areas became "hot". Hot meaning I felt them inside me as being hot or warm, even to the touch. This lasted for about 3 days, then sort of diminished on the 4th day, but that evening became worse and I felt dizzy to the point where I went to the emergency room. They ran a basic blood test and everything was fine except for the fact that I was slightly dehydrated and low on electrolytes. This "hotness" became less so after 2 days from going to the hospital, but its still very present. I do feel fatigue at times, no sore throat, no rash, very mild headache but only occasionally, and my lymph nodes arent necessarily swollen, just "hot", and thats it. I do feel like my body is fighting something. Is this possible seroconversion? Please help! Thank you!
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  TheBugDoctor replied 5 years ago.

Which lymph nodes are you referring to that you feel are "hot"?

Are you M or F?

Were you having anal sex? If so- do you have any discharge or pain?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am male. I did have anal sex. I don have pain anally or discharge. I do feel "heat" there as well as all my lymph nodes areas.

To develop symptoms within 2 days would be a bit early for HIV, but I would not say impossible.

If your lymph nodes are inflamed throughout your body- ( including neck and inguinal) does suggest a systemic process. While this could be HIV- there are other nonspecific viruses that can cause similar things- like CMV, EBV and others.

Obviously the best way to know is to be tested- Frankly it is too early to have a positive HIV ELISA from this exposure even if you were infected, but I would consider testing for HIV- including an HIV antibody ( to detect PRIOR infection), and an HIV PCR.

You should also have follow up HIV antibody testing at 6 weeks and 3 months-

Good luck.

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.

If I have answered your question, please click the ACCEPT button so I can get credit for my work.

POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are warmly appreciated.
Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an IN PERSON assessment by your doctor,
and does not establish a patient-physician relationship.