Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager
Experience:  30 years exp. with diesel engines, heavy equipment and forklifts, including lp forklifts
30244710

How to open bucket cilinder to chanch seal kit on a 84LB

Customer Question

how to open bucket cilinder to chanch seal kit on a 84LB loader (tv6070tractor) oldr. style cildr.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine? Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: model 84LB serial# *****
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: have fixt many cldrs. never seen on like this one only one wire ring at the rod end came of but noting furder comes apart
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 days ago.

This has the wire that has to thread out of the cylinder barrel, just below the gland area? And you have it out? That should be all there is, will the gland tap in a small amount? I'm thinking it is just stuck with rust holding the gland in.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
the wire is actualy on the outside not tru a hole only ting it s holding a ring from going inward was able to push ring in 3mm
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 days ago.

If ring is on the outside, the gland has to be tapped in , to expose an inner ring, not shown with the cylinder shown in parts breakdown.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 days ago.

I see question is still open, was there an internal snap ring ? Please rate to close.