Jeremy, Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF, 608/609, Bendix, Haldex

I need an instruction how to remove and replace the ribbon

Customer Question

i need an instruction how to remove and replace the ribbon hoses or banded of hydraulic hoses inside my telescopic boom lift truck The model number of my boom lift is AT200AV. Boom lift is mounted on 1 ton 350 van.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can i change individual hose or the electric cable(damage one only or do i change the entire set of ribbon hose assembly?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I've been gone for a few days and see no one has assisted you yet. Do you still need assistance with this?

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

If you need manuals, diagrams, etc please don’t hesitate to ask. I have access to several different OEM resource sites and can provide these items as needed for a premium service at the direct technician cost to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback. If for some reason you don’t see the rating screen, please reply with the rating you would like to give me.

Please note that customers are required to rate per your end use service agreement with the site.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i have at least 1 of the ribbon hose inside the boom leaking hydraulic and my upper controls has no power at all
do i change all of the ribbon hoses and the electrical cable inside the boom? Are these ribbon hoses hard to change? he model number of my boom lift is AT200AV. Boom lift is mounted on 1 ton 350 van. Please advise.
Thank you- romy
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i still need assistance to this.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
lower controls works, ok, but not the upper controls
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

Yes, they are a pain to change out.

You will need the room to pull the whole boom out and set it on the ground. You will need an overhead crane or a forklift to get it out. I just want to warn you in that from the start.

On the electrical, do you have the paperwork for the boom? You will need to test the controls for the main power at the upper controls to see if you have a blown circuit breaker or a short in the panel to the upper. They are a pain to work on, but you have to go circuit by circuit on these to see that you have the main power in and the main power out.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is removing the boom the only way to change out the ribbon hoses?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

With the way they run, yes. You won't have the room otherwise inside where the slide is. There are 4 clamps holsing the hoses in and then a bar that is at the end to keep them from getting caught inside.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
could you even see the 4 clamps holding the hoses in? i could not see them, unless i am looking in a wrong way?