Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a mustang skid loader my braking system keeps locking

Customer Question

I have a mustang skid loader my braking system keeps locking wheels from moving
I think there is a loose wire in the wiring harness behind the seat. Which color wire is that
Brake system on I thought I would just bypass harness until I can get to a person to replace harness. It's a 2001
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is***** is your serial number of your machine?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
FEOOLOO2199

Thanks for the information David. This machine has safety interlock switches and wiring such as Seat, safety bar, and door switch if equipped. If any of these sensors/switches and wiring are faulty the brakes will not release and the functions will be disabled. Check all your fuses and relays. Check the seat switch and wiring for damaged and loose/damaged connections. i do not have the service book for this exact model but I do for the 2056 which will help. Click on this link and goto PDF page 186 on for your wiring diagrams to help. Let me know

Troubleshooting

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would move the wiring harness around most of the time brake would release, but now it
Takes longer to have brake release on moving the harness around. It's like the connectors in the harness aren't completing the circuit.

thanks for the update. Unplug the harness connector pins and take a close look for damage and corrosion in the harness and connector pins. You have a loose connection in the harness.

Clean, inspect and install dielectric grease. Repair any damaged wires or connectors. Let me know