Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

On a 1982backhoe 480d, if you replace the hydrolic cylinder,

Customer Question

on a 1982backhoe 480d , if you replace the hydrolic cylinder, do you have to bleed the cylinder so it work?
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. It is always good practice to bleed your cylinders on installation to prevent the seals from overheating and melting. To bleed engage the cylinder in and out starting from center of stroke and slowly work the cylinder a few more inches of travel each direction until the end of its stroke is finally obtained in both directions. Never fully stroke the cylinder in one direction when it is not completely full of oil or you can melt the seals.

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.

Hi Pete, Did you get this resolved or do you still need further help? Please remember to rate my service as that is how the site credits the experts for their time on the site