][\][iCk0411
][\][iCk0411, Fleet Manager
Experience:  310T Red Seal- Truck and Coach Technician
12570002

Had major air leak on eaton fuller transmission model number

Customer Question

Had major air leak on eaton fuller transmission model number fro-15218c it was leaking air fron air shift solenoid so replaced did not help took cover off top and replaced prints on range selector piston under cover put back together no more air leak shifts 1-5 on low side but will not shift to the high side any help is most appreciated
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  ][\][iCk0411 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do what I can to help you! Can we first start with some question regarding this series of transmission. So how many gears does this have? Is it fully manual, or air shift semi manual? Which air solenoid was originally leaking, location of leaking valve? Did the transmission have shifting high low issues, or just the complaint of the air leak? Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's 10speed with air shifter on top of transmission just air leak at solenoid it is a manual transmission with air solenoid from low to high
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not have issues before other than the leaking solenoid on top of trans
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is model fro-15218c eaton fuller

Okay Thank you! So when you flick the shifter from low to high, does it exhaust, make any noise at all? does the shifter feel like there is air resistance when you flick it? First thing I would check is that there is a minimum of 90 PSI pressure coming through the regulator which should be located on the driver's side/ top of the trans. this will be the main air line goes through this valve to the rest of the valves on the trans.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it clicks but not real loud does not feel like air resistance on shifter when up and down does not exhaust air when shift from low to high that I can hear has great air pressure coming into air solenoid

Thank you for your excellent information Sir! I think I have located the troubleshooting manual for your transmission. I can send it and walk through the processes if you prefer. Just so you are aware of how the site works. The experts are freelance and only receive a small amount if the proceeds if you rate the question. So going forward I don't mind sending the documents and supporting the troubleshooting if you can provide a positive rating. Please let me know how you would like to proceed and i will support however I can. Thank you!

Good morning Sir, My apologies for the delay on sending your manual. Please see attached and refer to page 33 is where we can pick up on the Air system troubleshoot. We need to check the "P" port of your shifter knob to ensure that there is air returning to your air module. Let me know once you have checked up till that step and we can proceed from there. Thank you!

Okay, I was wrong the file is too big to transfer through the site. I am going to send you an email request in order to email the document if you would like. You have the choice not to accept and I can just walk you through the steps if you would prefer. Please let me know. Thank you

Hi Troy, I found the copy of the manuals online. Please click this link and let me know if you have anymore questions from Page 33. Please don't forget to rate your questions once your happy. Thank you!

http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsServices/Vehicle/Transmissions/heavy-duty-manual/fr-series/index.htm#tabs-3