Jeremy
Jeremy, Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF, 608/609, Bendix, Haldex
9290743

Will crank and crank no start, seems like fuel delivery

Customer Question

King will crank and crank no start, seems like fuel delivery problem, small dose of start spray unit wants to run. Replace fuse in box and reset, all repeats again.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you.

Do you have any codes on the display unit in the diagnostic screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ENG
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

There is a fault with one of the engine sensors causing the shutdown.

It will need to be serviced to see what the fault is. Something has failed. It isn;t related to oil level or coolant. It is related to a major component failure. It could be the fuel pump, and injector, or another component.

I was hoping to be able to be able to bring some better news to narrow it down, but that code just tied my hands on it. It will need to have a set of eyes put on the engine with test gauges to see what has failed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We knew that if we could not get an answer , we would have ri put it on a machine. Can you give us a website for the schematics for the fuel, injector pump
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

TK has the site locked down to where you have to have a sign on to access it. I tried to do a print page and it will not allow it. Even a copy/paste is locked on it.

All I have that can be copy/pasted is the green book which tells you the codes. That's it. TK has a major proprietary lock on their sites.

Inside the unit, you have a reset switch. It will be jut inside the cover or mounted on the rear of the cover. Push the rest switch and see if the unit will then start.

Also, verify oil is to the pint it needs to be on the dip stick.

Below is direct from the manual for the code you have.

The alarm is cleared by pressing the HMI Controller Main Power On/Off switch. Turning the
unit off clears the alarm.
Resolve the condition that caused the alarm and press the Reset switch if necessary. Failure
to resolve the alarm condition will cause the alarm to re-occur.

I tried several times to get the manual to load for me and no luck at all.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Depending on the year, the button may be just under the cover on the left side.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you we will try that when it cools down we have 100 degrees
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Ouch! That is hot!