catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
Experience:  19 years Cat, 3 years Case
11546476

i lost fluid from my 950 cat loader brakes ,i refilled the

i lost fluid from my 950 cat loader brakes ,i refilled the cylinder ,loosened the bleeding screw ,but canot get fluid out through, had motor running and preasure built up ,can you help me .

catmastertech :

Welcome to JustAnswer. I am online most nights and weekends a few hours.(US-Eastern)Please do not rate my answer until you are completely satisfied.

catmastertech :

Does the fluid move in the reservoir? Was it completely empty? How long has it been empty?

Customer:

fluid does not move in reservoir , was not completely empty , empty for several months ,it wasent used for a period of time.

Sorry, I missed your reply.
When these units have been dry for so long, the only option is to repair or replace the master cylinder. If it were moving so fluid, I would say you had a plugged line or fitting/check valve in the end of the cylinder.
The main issue for one that has been dry for a long time is corrosion. The bore will be pitted and polishing may not clean the bore. If it is not perfectly smooth, it will destroy the new seals.
I usually replace the whole unit but, that is because our company policy is to not allow an chance for a failure when working on brakes. SAFETY FIRST!
If you need more help on this, please feel free to ask. I will be glad to help as much as I can.