Cat Man
Cat Man, Caterpillar Engine Expert
Experience:  23 Years Caterpillar Engine experience.
30708357

Cat C7 Acert, Cranks but no start. Inactive fault codes for

Cat C7 Acert, Cranks but no start. Inactive fault codes for all six injectors (current fault). Clear inactive fault codes and as soon as you crank it you get the same codes back as inactive. Example: SID:002 FMI:11 Inspected wiring harness and ohm tested, under valve cover and valve cover to ecm connection. Working with a pro link.
Hi. Thanks for using JA! I will try and help you out.

Unfortunately I have seen this many times over the years. Whenever I have has an ECM with fault codes for all 6 injectors, the injector driver module in the ECM has failed. The bad news is the module in the ECM can not be replaced or repaired. I am sorry. In order to repair, the ECM will need to be replaced.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does this matter that codes do not come up active and only appear inactive after cranking?

Normally that is what you will see. While cranking the codes are active but they will only show inactive with the key on and not cranking. On some rare occasions, depending on the software date in the ECM, you sometimes see them active while cranking but not often.

Let me know if you have more questions.