DR.Cummins
DR.Cummins, FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Experience:  16 Years working on Cummins Diesel engines,
28984014

I HAVE A 350 BIG CAM CUMMINGS WANTING TO REPLACE INJECTORS

Customer Question

I HAVE A 350 BIG CAM CUMMINGS WANTING TO REPLACE INJECTORS NEED SETTING FOR VALUES & INJECTORS
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  DR.Cummins replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! I would be more than happy to assist you today.what is the engine serial number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

60528786

Expert:  DR.Cummins replied 1 year ago.

Thanks!

The injectors get adjusted to 6 inlbs

The intake valves are 11 thousands

The exhaust valves are 23 thousands

graphic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need to talk to dr. Cummings this is Kenny if you think that I am paying for your incomplete answer you are mistaken..ineed the complete procedure for adj values & injectors would like it in obc way. thanks kenny.

Expert:  DR.Cummins replied 1 year ago.

Complete procedures remove valve covers

rotate accy drive pulley until the A mark is in line with the pointer on the gear cover

adjust the valves and injectors to

The injectors get adjusted to 6 inlbs
The intake valves are 11 thousands

The exhaust valves are 23 thousands

The only way to adjust properly is the method below injectors on one cyl and valves on another. YOU HAVE STC INJECTORS follow chart below

graphic

Expert:  DR.Cummins replied 1 year ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need the whole process.
im waiting for your answer.
im sorry I do not have the time to stay on line any more tonight sorry.

Expert:  DR.Cummins replied 1 year ago.

Ok I may have misunderstood your question Here is what you need to know on replacing the injectors. But with STC injectors There is a flush kit to clean them and than you can readjust the injectors. It is known as a flush and adjust.Cummins sells the flush kit.The smoking issue can also be caused by a bad STC valve. If you do proceed with a injector change than rebuild/ replace the STC valve. It should be rebuilt either way. These were a known issue with these engines.

To replace injectors

Remove valve covers

loosen the injector adjusting screw

move the push tube to the side and allow the rocker to be free.

remove the injector link on the top of the injector

remove the 2 injector hold down screws

use the injector puller (special tool) part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

To install

lube the orings

install injector use a blunt object to seat the injector a snap will be heard and felt when the injector is seated.

install hold down and torque bolts evenly to 168inlbs

install injector link

align push tube with injector rocker lever and install adjusting screw.

ensure the push tube is properly seated in the rocker and cam follower

than adjust with the chart i provided before.

hope this helps

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I went and bought a cumming book ..the injectors set at 125in lbs not 6 in lbs the job is done . the problem was not injector any way ...

there is two ways to run rack on is 350 big cam .since your name is XXXXX XXXXX you should have been able to answer.my questions.with out taking 2 hr .sorry we could not work together .may be ought to change your name to something other than dr

Expert:  DR.Cummins replied 1 year ago.
The correct way is what I provided. Your CPL is how you determin the injector setting not by the book. If the CPL is not listed it is 6inlbs. Your welcome
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I already took care of and fixed this vechile without your help. This correspondence is no longer necessary. I was needing a speedy answer while I had time to take care of things and that did not happen.