Clayton
Clayton, Mechanic
Experience:  5+ Years at Freightliner, Detroit & MBE Certified, ATD, and Electrical
44163566

I have a 2006 Freightliner Columbia that the driver window

I have a 2006 Freightliner Columbia that the driver window switch died on. How simple is it to fix myself? And can I just swap the one from the passenger door until I can get a new switch?
Hi, Welcome to Just Answer, I am Clayton. I can help you with this.

It is really easy to replace.

Remove the grey grill piece above the switch assembly, there is 2 screws holding the bezel on, remove those 2 torx screws, the bezel comes out. The switch is tricky, you will have to press on the little plastic tabs, and do one side at a time to remove the switch, once it is removed,installation is as simple as just snapping it into place.

The passenger switch will not swap with the driver, they are completely different. They will plug in the same, but the window may not go down. When you do go buy a new switch, make sure they give you the correct switch, the new driver switch should say EXP on it. If you get the wrong one, the window will not work correctly.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Great! Now to just find the time.... I see I will be utilizing this site often. I am a first time truck owner and a "non" mechanic!

Cool

I can give you advice, I am not father time..haha

No problem, you know who to see. I know the Freightliners pretty well, wiring and everything.

Thanks for using Just Answer!