Andy, Technician
Experience:  310s and 310t technician licenses, 17 yrs experience, International Diamond Certified Tech 7 yrs

IDM2 Relay sid221 fmi4 flash code 534, have ground to pin

Customer Question

IDM2 Relay sid221 fmi4 flash code 534, have ground to pin 1,2,3,22,26, and power to 4,23,24,26, pin 7, pin 8. still no start? what am i missing, new battery fuse cables, for ground and power, checked fuseable links at starter. pin 27 on the idm is open, what is it suposed to be ground or power?
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there! My name is XXXX XXX I would like to try and help you resolve your problem! Hopefully, together, we can get to the bottom of this ! I need to start with the last 8 digits of the vin number of the truck please !

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
7N472667, 7400 int. dt530
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
one moment please while I look up diagrams !
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
This code is for low voltage to the IDM ( injector driver module ). I would start by checking the fuses above the batteries in the battery box . I believe there is usually one for the ECM , one for the IDM and one for the tranny ( if automatic) . A lot of times the fuse is melted , or the terminals in the fuse holder are discoloured and spread from excessive heat and the holder may even be slightly melted . Have a look and get back to me while I chase the diagram further !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found the problem, a large three wire plug next to the below the wiper motor.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
If the fuses are good and the holders are in good shape , then we need to follow the wiring to connector 9260 and connectopr 9261 , which are just a little further down the wiring but still above the batteries and check them to make sure all is well there . If all is good up to there , then we need to check the 3 wire connector 6323 next to them in batt box . If good, then follow the wiring under the truck to check for rubouts and corrosion anywhere down that wiring up to around the starter area . If all is good up to starter area , then follow it up to just above the starter. Let me know what you find from that point.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Oh good! Glad you were able to find the problem ! There is also another connector you might want to check while you are there ! It is also known for bad connections causing the same problems. There is a connector just behind the oneyou just found . It is a square looking 12 pin connector that has large wires and small wires in it and most are purple in color. If you check that one , you may find some more problems in there! Just a heads up ! If you need a picture of connector , I could send you it !
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
If you need anything , let me know ! Thanks for using Just Answer ! Good Luck !
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
I am around til about 3 eastern time if you need any other diagrams or something !
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Just wondering if all is ok now ! Were you able to make the repair ? Was the other connector I mentionned and showed you in good shape ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All worked fine, we are all fixed.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Glad to hear it ! If you ever need any help with International trucks , just ask for Andy !