FIX-IT
FIX-IT, Technician
Experience:  ENGINES-ELECTRICAL
35815791

Error Codes.. ABS 136 - SID 002 - FAIL 05 (CODE DISPLAYS

Customer Question

Error Codes..

ABS 136 - SID 002 - FAIL 05 (CODE DISPLAYS WHEN KEY IT TURNED TO "ON")

ECU 128 - SID 021 - FAIL 1 (CODE DISPLAYS WHEN TRYING TO START THE TRUCK)

The truck will turn over but will not "fire up" .. thought it might be the fuel filter.. went ahead and changed it .. filled the fuel filter with fresh fuel.. still will not turn on..

also noticed that the interior lights will not come on either. headlights work, trailer lights work.. check ALL fuse,s non blown.. ?? HELP!?!?
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer.i can help you with this..

can i get the last 6 of your vin pls ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
M13606
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 4 years ago.

the 136 code you have means the right front wheel sensor is open, and the

128 code is for your throttle position sensor,this tps code should still let the engine idle,it pertains to eather the tps sensor or a wiring issue,let me know if you have anymore questions.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Why won't the truck start ? Why is the dash, cab lights not coming on???
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 4 years ago.
with the key on nothing happens ? anymore details ?>
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, turn the key on.. all the dash light come on .. buzzers sound.. everything seems normal.. once you turn the key to start the motor.. the motor turns over just fine.. but will not fire up.. as I said before .. we thought it might be no fuel .. do to a dirty fuel filter.. so we changed it.. filled it up will new fresh fuel.. still will not start.. as I said before.. the only odd thing is that the lights inside the cab are still off.. and will not come on.. the 2 error codes I got were 1 when the key it set to on.. and 2 after trying to start the motor..
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 4 years ago.
ok the cab lights comming on is the low voltage disconnect,it has kicked in and it has removed unnesessary loads in the cab and they will come back once the engine is started,
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 4 years ago.
when you turn the key on does the check engine light turn on then off? is it cycling?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
On then off.
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 4 years ago.

have you tried to prime with a fuel pressure bleeder ?

if so try,if these engines run out of fuel they can be quite the bugger to start up

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes tried that too.
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 4 years ago.
give it a little wif of eather while pressure bleeding.let me know what happens,also on some engines on the lower left side is the secondary filter and there is a shut off there for the fuel,be sure that tap is open..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Got it. It was the upper timing sensor. The codes you gave me we're not correct.
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 4 years ago.
ok