spanky
spanky, Journeyman
Experience:  I have 30yrs Experience in semi-trucks,Cat,Cummins,Detroit
65057319

timing marks on 4cylnder john deere engie diesel

Customer Question

Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  spanky replied 4 years ago.

spanky :

Hi let me look at question carefully and I'll be rite back

spanky :

Please don't rate or accept until we are done so you won't have to pay again

spanky :

fist when you lined up marks you said you put them at down side of gears both gears or was cam gear bottom and crank gear top?

spanky :

facing each other?

spanky :

are you there?

spanky :

they should be facing each other so align crank gear to mark there is a v or dot on crank gear should face up and align mark on crank gear with a notch in case or look at dampener were #1 aligns to timing mark,then turn cam gear,before turning cam gear remove distributor cap put mark or v facing v of cam and crank, look at distributor and make sure it is pointing to #1 cylinder if it is not then align cam gear so it is all the way on top and then it would be{dist.]aligned with #1cylinder on cap so cam gear can be installed either way up or down it is 180 deg opposite crank gear, but you have to make sure it is aligned with #1 on cap

Expert:  spanky replied 4 years ago.
Did I explain good enough or do you have any other questions come back and I will help Ok
Expert:  spanky replied 4 years ago.
Just checking in to see if anything new?
Expert:  spanky replied 4 years ago.
Hi this is spanky do you need more help you gave me negative feedback is there something else you need if so just ask and I will help you out.Since you gave me negative feed back I won't get paid for helping you out please rate above 3 so I will get paid it does not cost you anything to do so Thanks spanky
Expert:  spanky replied 4 years ago.
Please rate my answer informative or better so I will get paid it will not cost you any more money you already paid but I did not get paid and won't until you rate my answer thank you spanky
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It Was a iesel and I have it Done thank you
Expert:  spanky replied 4 years ago.
my mistake that is why I asked for info that you did not give!