Cat Man
Cat Man, Caterpillar Engine Expert
Experience:  23 Years Caterpillar Engine experience.
30708357

C15: 2008 peterbilt..I HAVE TO DO A PARK regen ABOUT 1-2 A DAY

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2008 PETERBILT WITH C15 IT WILL NOT AUTO REGEN. AT SAYS REGEN REQUIRED BEFORE IF I CAME TO A STOP IT WOULD SAY HIGH EXH. TEMP NOW I NEVER SEE THAT JUST EVER SO OFTEN I HAVE TO DO A PARK REGEN ABOUT 1-2 A DAY
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Cat Man replied 4 years ago.

Hi. Thanks for using JA! I will try and help you out.

So the engine will complete a stopped regen but just not a auto regen while driving correct?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes correct, but when I do park REGEN and press button for 4 seconds doesn't always work the first time
Expert:  Cat Man replied 4 years ago.

I see. Thanks for the information.

I have seen this several timed before.

There are 3 things that I have seen cause this problem.

The first and most common is clogged filter fittings. These fitting are in the manifold just before the ARD head of the system. They are the fittings that the fuel lines to the ARD head connect to. When they become clogged, the system has difficulty performing a regen while driving. I always replaced these first.

Second is a low pressure fuel system problem. This is caused by a weak transfer pump, fuel enable control valve, or pressure regulator.

And thrid is a faulty ARD head. IF replacing the filter fittings does not solve the problem, I next replace the ARD head. Over time the ARD head becomes clogged and dirty and has difficulty performing a regen while driving.

Please let me know if you need more help or have more questions.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The filter fittings are in the manifold
Expert:  Cat Man replied 4 years ago.
Yes. The ARD head has 4 lines on it. Two aare coolant lines and two are fuel lines. Follow the two fuel lines up towards the head and they will connect to the filter fittings. They look like regular fittings but they are small filters.