FIX-IT
FIX-IT, Technician
Experience:  ENGINES-ELECTRICAL
35815791

injectors on a 12.7 series 60 detroit and the exhaust and intake..jake

Customer Question

need to know how to set the clearance on the injectors on a 12.7 series 60 detroit and the exhaust and intake with a jake brake
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer.i can help you with this..can i get the engine model and serial number pls ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
unit #06r0479646 model#6067bk60 manufacture date 1999 injection 81.0mm
e chappement .660mm d admission .203mm
i bought apex# 30122 timing pin 81.0mm -dda60 series/kmj-42749
apex#30127 timing pin 82.1 rmj-8130127
i also need to know how to use them
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have been waiting all day for my answer
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 2 years ago.

Cylinder with Valve Overlap‪

Set Valves on Cylinder No.‪

Set Injector Height on Cylinder No.‪

6‪

1‪

5‪

2‪

5‪

3‪

4‪

3‪

6‪

1‪

6‪

2‪

5‪

2‪

4‪

3‪

4‪

1‪

Very sorry for the delay,was at work.. This is the sequence on how the top end is done,you will need a 81.0 mm height guage and the tool goes into a smallhole in the back side of the injector and the top goes over the injector tappet,there has to be enough drag in the top of the tool to wire the oil off the top of the tappet,let me know if you have anymore questions and again,sorry for the delay.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how about the exhaust and intake settings
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can u verbualy explain in words what the chart means
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 2 years ago.
valve overlap is the time when the exhaust valves are just about closed and the intake valves open,yes at one very small point in the rotation both the intake and the exhaust valves are both open,your intake lash is .203 mm and the exhaust is .660 mm and you can use a feeler guage for that,when say #6 is at valve overlap,set the valves on 1 and the injector height on 5 and so on,let me know if you have anymore questions.