Dan, Mechanic
Experience:  21 Years working with the Volvo Equipment Line
11640745

Whats the procedure for a valve adjustment on 2007 volvo D16

Customer Question

Whats the procedure for a valve adjustment on 2007 volvo D16 010222 including injectors and jakes.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Volvo Construction Equipment expert, I would like to try and assist you with your question. We use that engine in our biggest excavator and I can upload the procedure tomorrow evening if that works for you. I will need to go to the shop to get the manual. As for as the jakes go, I'm not certain that will be in our manual. I will need to check and get back to you. If this isn't ht your looking for advise and I will opt out thanks, Dan
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

Here is the information you requested, a D16E & D16F model. Thanks

graphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphic

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm lil confused with the exhaust and brake setting . Are these hydraulic s cause it says to set to 0 lash than add another 60 ° on the exhaust ... Normally on a cat engine, you put 0.30 filler guage no pre load is needed. I'm just making sure I understand right and this one is different
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
If you have the same rockers in the photos, then yes they are hydraulic. They use the motor oil to apply. As described you would set the exhaust valve to .024 and using the feeler gauge and dial indicator you first loosen the brake adjustment then turn in until the dial indicator shows the proper reading then back off on the adjustment the correct turns. It has been at least a year since I had one of these at the shop, but I remember reading it and being a little confused, but once I opened it up and did one adjustment it made sense. Any further questions please ask. Dan
Dan, Mechanic
Experience: 21 Years working with the Volvo Equipment Line
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The answer I was given was for d16f & d16e, and I actually need d16d. Please response
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I checked our libraries, and we don't have a 16D motor book. Sorry I don't have that information for you. You can re list your question stating the model and see if another expert can assist you. Thanks Dan.