Jeff
Jeff, Mechanic
Experience:  8 year forklift mechanic on all brands hydraulic hose cylinder repair parts source lpg knowledge
25442757

out how to time a 4 cyl perkins diesel engine..bearings..timing marks

Customer Question

Hi fellas my name isXXXXX trying to find out how to time a 4 cyl perkins diesel engine out of a 180 massey tractor. the engine spun a bunch of bearings and wrecked the crank so i tore it all apart and forgot to mark everything so now i have no clue where the timing marks are and how to put it back togther. the only thing i took out is the crank and it could go it a bunch of ways.I want to put it back togther once so any pictures or info would be a huge help. Im a mechanic for 9 years now but i dont usually work on tractors so i know how to put it togther just need to know how to put all the timing marks on. Thanks for all the help.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 5 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am still waiting for an answer. i have tryed to look on line but im not getting anywhere thats why i asked you for 28 dollars and still have no answers!

Expert:  Walt-mod replied 5 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Jeff replied 5 years ago.
Terrence, do you have the engine serial number? It should be stamped into the block near the injector pump. Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will have to try to find it . i dont have it now . there isnt a standard timing for a 4 cylinder perkins? how many diffrent ones did they make? i will have the numbers tommorow night. thanks.
Expert:  Jeff replied 5 years ago.
Hello, there are many different builds of a 4 cylinder Perkins so if you can find the engine serial number for me that would point me in the right direction to get you a timing schematic. Thanks and let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hey , i found a bunch of numbers on the right side of the block . the two numbers at the front,top of the block are 236UA under that is 5420 then in the middle of the bottom of the block says, BILOHROME under that, A , under that , 37112600U1 , under that ,L66. thats all the numbers i can find on the block so i hope one is the one you need. Thanks a bunch.
Expert:  Jeff replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for getting the numbers I will work with them and get back to you.

Expert:  Jeff replied 5 years ago.

Hello, here are some picks that should help. Thanks and let me know if you need more help.