Jeff
Jeff, Mechanic
Experience:  8 year forklift mechanic on all brands hydraulic hose cylinder repair parts source lpg knowledge
25442757

out how to time a 4 cyl perkins diesel engine..bearings..timing marks

Customer Question

Hi fellas my name isXXXXX trying to find out how to time a 4 cyl perkins diesel engine out of a 180 massey tractor. the engine spun a bunch of bearings and wrecked the crank so i tore it all apart and forgot to mark everything so now i have no clue where the timing marks are and how to put it back togther. the only thing i took out is the crank and it could go it a bunch of ways.I want to put it back togther once so any pictures or info would be a huge help. Im a mechanic for 9 years now but i dont usually work on tractors so i know how to put it togther just need to know how to put all the timing marks on. Thanks for all the help.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am still waiting for an answer. i have tryed to look on line but im not getting anywhere thats why i asked you for 28 dollars and still have no answers!

Expert:  Walt-mod replied 2 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Jeff replied 2 years ago.
Terrence, do you have the engine serial number? It should be stamped into the block near the injector pump. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will have to try to find it . i dont have it now . there isnt a standard timing for a 4 cylinder perkins? how many diffrent ones did they make? i will have the numbers tommorow night. thanks.
Expert:  Jeff replied 2 years ago.
Hello, there are many different builds of a 4 cylinder Perkins so if you can find the engine serial number for me that would point me in the right direction to get you a timing schematic. Thanks and let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hey , i found a bunch of numbers on the right side of the block . the two numbers at the front,top of the block are 236UA under that is 5420 then in the middle of the bottom of the block says, BILOHROME under that, A , under that , 37112600U1 , under that ,L66. thats all the numbers i can find on the block so i hope one is the one you need. Thanks a bunch.
Expert:  Jeff replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for getting the numbers I will work with them and get back to you.

Expert:  Jeff replied 2 years ago.

Hello, here are some picks that should help. Thanks and let me know if you need more help.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here