catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
Experience:  19 years Cat, 3 years Case
11546476

Please help me to set the pump timing on a 3054c cat diesel engine

Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  al-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please this is urgent i have not received any answer yet

Expert:  al-mod replied 4 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  catmastertech replied 4 years ago.

If you can send me the engine serial number, I can find which system you have and how it is timed.

Please tell me what this engine is doing and if it is in a machine, the serial number and make/model of the unit it is in.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi We have overhauled the engine and i suspect that the technician who did the timing did not do it correctly . He is no longer with our company and we need the rectify the problem . We have started the engine and i can see that it gets diesel through but it does not start at all . The injectors and pump were also overhauled .The model of the engine is 3054c and ser. number is XXXXX , the unit is fitted to a compressor.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX you can help us

This engine can have two different pump systems, verify they pump you have and use the instructions below. NOTE: Delphi pumps will wear when fuel quality is low. If the fuel is a concern, the pump may need replacing. I am guessing the service center was a certified shop and would recognize the wear problem anyway. We have replaced several pumps due to wear.

Fuel Injection Pump - Install - Delphi DP210

Fuel Injection Pump - Install - Bosch EVPE

The tooling is the same, just the pumps are different.

Please let me know if this is not correct, and if you have a different pump group. This should work for the types listed.

catmastertech, Technician
Experience: 19 years Cat, 3 years Case