Cat Man
Cat Man, Caterpillar Engine Expert
Experience:  23 Years Caterpillar Engine experience.

injector removal process for 3406E 6TS Cat

Hi. Thanks for using JA! I will try and help you out.
Sorry about that. The computer did not attach all the information I posted.

I first remove the fuel lines on the front and back of the head. I then use a blow nozzle to push out the fuel so it will not get on the piston.

Then remove the valve covers, jakes. And rocker arms.

Then remove the injector bolt and electrical connector. Use a ladies foot pry bar to get the injector out. Make sure to clean the injector bore up and use clean oil on the injector when you install the injector.

The injector torques to 37 foot pounds. The jakes and rockers torque to 80 foot pounds.

Please let me know if you need more help or have more questions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok i need to replace all o-rings on injectors one is leaking down so i am gonna do them all at one time i purchased injector height tool and replacement hold down bolts and o-rings just need help doing it with specs for rack removal and such
I see. Here is the information you need.

Let me know if you need more help.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how do you check the fuel pressure when i am done. is there a special adapter to hook onto the quick connect looking deal on the filter housing or how? also can i shim transfer pump on this model to boost fuel pressure or not necessary. would like to get all out of it i can??
You can put any gauge and fitting in the filter housing to check pressure. Your engine should maintain a fuel pressure between 65 and 85 psi at all times, even under load.

No need to boost the fuel pressure. It will not add to the power of the engine with more pressure. Just make sure it is in the range.