FIX-IT, Technician

2004 volvo: air presure would not build...with an isx..air pressure

Customer Question

Air Presure would not build. Hi I have a 2004 volvo with an ISX. The air pressure does not build more than about 72psi. I have replaced the governer. Tested the air compressor and it has very good presure going into the air drier. Also when the air pressure stops building I have disconected the presure hose and the compressor is still pumping air. I belive it's losing air from a presure valve or something. Any Ideas of where I should start looking? Thanks
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer.i can help you with this..Since you eliminated the air governor which is a good start,the next step is the air dryer,bypass it and retest and if resolved the dryer is suspect,consider it and let me know how you do.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I forgot to mention it, but I have already tried that as well.
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 4 years ago.
The next step is to remove the discharge line from the compressor and charge the trucks system with another sorce (shop air) and check the truck over for leaks and anything irregular.if all checks out and the truck goes up to shop pressure then the compressor is suspect,let me know how you do.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok Thanks, I will try that tomorrow and let you know.
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 4 years ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, it came to a point that we just started throwing parts at it. Air compressor, check valves, presure release valves , etc. now the gages go up to 100 but the tank actually has 120. Any sugestions? Thanks
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 4 years ago.
are the guages mechanical or electronic?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I beleave they are electrical
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 4 years ago.
see if there are airlines going to them