Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Diesel..tractor hesitates in higher range after releasing the clutch

JD 5500 Diesel 4whl drive, tractor hesitates in higher range after releasing the clutch, sometimes to the point you have to increase the fuel to go, any sugjestions on potential repairs?

HeavyEquipmentTech :

Hi My name isXXXXX will help you wit your question.

HeavyEquipmentTech :

The first thing to to check is your clutch adjustment. Do you have any free travel or is the pedal all the way to the top? You should have at least 3/4" of free travel. If your clutch is ok and not slipping. Try changing your fuel filters if your engine is hesitating. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. If you are satisfied with my answer, please click accept. Thanks for using JA

It does not seem to be fuel, it seems to be in clutch area. I will check adjustment, Thank you.