Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Meyers snow plow. e-47 pump does not go up and down

meyers snow plow. e-47 pump does not go up and down

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Does the motor even run?

Is the fluid within 1.5 inches of the fill hole?

Is there power to the pump

Will the blade angle?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i havent hook up the plow yet so i dont know if it angles. i'll check it in the morning and get back to ya. yes the motor runs and the pump is turning. not sure about the 1.5 inches tho.

If you command it to angle where it sits now, does it bump and or make an effort to move?

Have you double checked your wiring?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

evrthing was working fine last year. i went to hook it up for the season and wouldnt go up. the motor runs, i even took motor off and bench tested it to be sure. i followed the instructons for rebuilding from this site http://www.smithbrothersservices.com/meyer_E-47-pump-rebuild.html

. i used rebuild kit purchased from meyers. i really good at do it yourself. but i just cant figure this one out

You may need to check the diagnostics for this unit to see if the magnetic solenoids are working. You may just find its got a large air pocket in the hydraulic system that needs to bleed out with some runtime. Use the files below to help.

http://wikisend.com/download/741638/1121.pdf

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i was kinda curious if it was air. but i dont know how to bleed the system
It should bleed on it on with run time in both directions. If that fails then you can crack the pressure relief valve and run it. be careful doing this because the pressure is over 1,000 PSI and it can cut skin and spray everywhere.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok. i'll mess with it more in the morning and lt you know. youve been a big help, thanks
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i ended up having to go out of town and didnt get a chance to look at it til today. but i hooked up the plow and the angle does work. and when i try up and down the plow just wants to angle left

Okay that result means your down to just a little more diag. See the image below and tell me if you run into any confusion. Start at the top left box.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i think that'll do it thanks......again
Your welcome