Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  34 years experiance as engine rebuild and problems.Thermo-King repair and trouble shooting.
6825259

2007 gmc c5500 duramax code p2138 andp0504

Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 5 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
still wating for answer thinking throttle position sensor
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 5 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Wayne replied 5 years ago.
Hi I'm Wayne,
I will help you with this,
Good Afternoon,
P2138 indicates that the Engine Control Module has detected a fault with the Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) sensor. Inside the pedal assembly is two sensors to monitor position of the pedal. If both sensors do not agree, this code sets.

First you will want to check all the connections behind the drivers side kick panel and at the drivers side fuse panel. If you ever had a water leak (whether you knew you had one or not), the connections in this corner are prone to corrosion and can cause this code to set.

Its not always safe to assume that because you have a code for the APP, that the APP is bad, however it is the most likely cause. The only way to replace the APP sensors, is to replace the whole Accelerator Pedal assembly.

If this helped you, Please hit Accept,as this is the only way I get paid,

If not get back to me

Wayne, Journeyman
Experience: 34 years experiance as engine rebuild and problems.Thermo-King repair and trouble shooting.