Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  34 years experiance as engine rebuild and problems.Thermo-King repair and trouble shooting.
6825259

tri pak not refer unit on trailer but apu on truck

How can I prime my apu after it ran out of fuel? thermoking tri pak not refer unit on trailer but apu on truck
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.

wayne :

Hi I'm Wayne, I will help you with this,

wayne :

Hello , are you here

wayne :

it is easier to talk to a person to do this

Customer: I am now here.
wayne :

hello

Customer: I am here now.
wayne :

OK good

wayne :

On the top of injection pump is a bleed screw, 10 mm, with a screw driver slot

wayne :

fill the fuel filter , open this bleed screw

wayne :

crank over till you see no bubbles, just fuel

wayne :

then crank over to start ,may tak 3-4 times to prime and go, they are stinkers to prime

wayne :

If this helped you, Please hit Accept.....if not get back to me

Customer: Ok. Steping out to follow instructions
wayne :

OK, Great I will hang on for you

wayne :

I for got to say close the screw, after fuel is flowing

wayne :

but that is a given

wayne :

I am still here , but I see you went off line , are you here

Customer: Fuel filter is full of fuel, I have screw out about half way. Attempted to star without success. Have I yet donbe something wrong?
Customer: It may show me going offline a few times. On cell phone for chat
wayne :

No you have not, keep cranking, for 10-15 sec intervals, till you see fuel, like I said these are stinkers to prime

wayne :

Cell OK, I get it

wayne :

I will hang in here

Customer: Ok will continue then
wayne :

if you want to do a quick start , I do not tell all people this, Take wire off of glow plug and give a wiff of starting fluid/wd40

wayne :

it will fire pretty quick

wayne :

still here my fiend

wayne :

you coming back, been a 1/2 hr

wayne :

OK,

wayne :

Iam going to switch to Q & A

Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.

we can answer from here ,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Had a couple of good tries where it started and ran for 5 seconds or so, but now seems I drained the batteries. Have less than 11v now and cannot start engine anymore and last few attempts did seem weak. Going to get a jump in the morning, top off the fuel tanks, and give it another try. By the way, is it ok to put a little bit of fuel into that bleeder thing? Sorry for the non-tech terms
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.

non, tech term, ...........for get it , give me a break on TYPO...........lol

This will go, like I said a stinker to prime, it is a Yanmar engine ,and a bear to prime

Wayne............

If this helped you, please hit Accept , if not get back to me
Wayne, Journeyman
Experience: 34 years experiance as engine rebuild and problems.Thermo-King repair and trouble shooting.