DR.Cummins
DR.Cummins, FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Experience:  16 Years working on Cummins Diesel engines,
28984014

A cummins isx engine..Vin number..drive belt

Customer Question

I have a 2002 international 9400i with a cummins isx engine. Vin number 2HSCNAPR72C044721 engine serial number 14027650. The main drive belt is squealling all the time. The belt tensioner has been changed twice and it is at its furthest setting. We have tried to replace the belt with smaller and there is not a 70 inch belt. This belt is a ten groove belt not the 12 groove. Can anyone give me the diagram of how the belt and tensioner mounts? Or give us an answer to solve this problem.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  DR.Cummins replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! I would be more than happy to assist you today. here are the routing pics. The correct belt part number dor the fan drive is 3681819graphicgraphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

alright thank you. On the particular truck we are working on the main drive belt does not run the alternator. The smaller 6 groove belt runs the alternator. Is thiscorrect or should the 10 groove belt run the alternator.

3681812 is the correct part number for the alt belt. my system doesn't specify the ribs nor can i remember
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you know the length of that belt? and it shows in the picture that it goes around the alternator is that correct?
no length is indicated for that belt in my system, that part number i gave you can be cross referenced by any parts store that sells belts. yes that pic is for the alt