Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  34 years experiance as engine rebuild and problems.Thermo-King repair and trouble shooting.
6825259

Komatsu S6D95L 147358 What I need are the torque specs

Customer Question

Komatsu S6D95L 147358
What I need are the torque specs for the Main Brgs, Rod Brgs, Head Bolts and rocker shaft and the valve clearance
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.

wayne :

Hi I'm Wayne, I will help you with this,

wayne :

are you sure it is a Komatsu engine and not a Cummins,

wayne :

Komatsu S6D95L-1 is a cummins engine

wayne :

let me know

wayne :

Disregard that I read it wrong, it is not a CUMMINS, sorry

wayne :

Head bolts Torque

wayne :

108,159 FT/LBS + 90-120°

wayne :

Mains Torque

wayne :

87,159 FT/LBS, + 90

wayne :

Rods Torque

wayne :

94 FT/LBS, + 90-

wayne :

Rocker shaft Torque

wayne :

45-52 Ft Lbs

wayne :

Valve Clearance is intake .015

wayne :

exhaust is .024

wayne :

if this helped you ,please hit Accept............if not get back to me

wayne :

PS record this some where, you model is

wayne :

S6D95L-1

Customer :

I cannot believe that the head torque is 108,159 Ft LbsI do not have a torque wrench that measures 100000 # also main bearings seems high

Customer :

Wayne--Received your answer and I can not believe the main bearing torque is 87159 ft/lbs +90 also head torque 108159 ft/lbs +90-120 I don't understand what you mean Rods 94 ft/lbs + 90- Rocker shaft torque 45-52 ft/lbs As for these specs I don't have a torque wrench in the hundred thousands ft/lbs

wayne :

NO, the head torque is 108 ft then 159 Ft Lbs

wayne :

rods 94 foot Lbs, then a extra 90 Degree turn

wayne :

another words, on a clock 12 would be zero, 3 o'clock would be 90 degree, 6 o'clock would be 180 degree and so on

wayne :

rockers 45 ft lbs to 52 Ft lbs

wayne :

does this make more sense to you now, sorry about the confusing numbers

wayne :

That's not high at all for mains, some go to 200 to 300 ft lbs

Customer :

Wayne-- The rod bolts are 10 mm and the normal torque is 40 ft/lbs max I torque to just past 60 and the bolts start to stretch could the specs be wrong

Customer :

Wayne--Sent you a message as to the rod bolts are 10 mm and the normal torque is 40 ft/lbs and when I tried as of 60 ft/lbs the bolts start to stretch is there a chance the specs are wrong. Ted

wayne :

I will recheck the book, might missed a line or 2 reading it

wayne :

also when you say rod bolts are 10mm, not the head size but bolt size, correct

Customer :

Wayne--- yes They are 10 X1.50 Or there version of a machine thjread and I cannot find the hardness number on them.

wayne :

What is on the top of the Head Triangle, hash Marks etc

wayne :

I am totally terribly sorry, I am glad you question my answer,

wayne :

I gave you torques for a 17L engine yours is 4.9L

wayne :

My page turned , and I did not notice

wayne :

Rod Torque

wayne :

30 FT/LBS, + 90°

wayne :

Mains Torque

wayne :

105 FT/LBS

wayne :

head bolts

wayne :

51Ft Lbs then ,80 FT/LBS, + 90°

wayne :

Bolts dry no oil,

wayne :

Now this info is correct , toss all the other info