ajpurc
ajpurc, Technician
Experience:  Owner of diesel repair shop and mechanic of 8 years.
61604502

Injection..drove..we R&R the egr Valve and now the truck wont start

Customer Question

I have and active code on a 2008 international with a maxxforce motor. The code is for Injection Control Pressure, says it is out of calibration. Truck was drove into the shop, we R&R the EGR Valve and now the truck won't start. Any Help will be appreciated...
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  ajpurc replied 2 years ago.

ajpurc :

Is it a code 335?

ajpurc :

Do you have Servicemaxx software?

ajpurc :

If it is a code 335 I would check the IPR valve O-rings.

Customer :

No, I don't, just a general heavy duty code reader. I'm not sure if these numbers are the code#'s, but I got #164 or #13

Customer :

I checked fuel pressure also, it was 60psi cranking.

ajpurc :

I believe a pid:164 fmi:13 is a code 332 for injection control pressure above spec with engine off

ajpurc :

Did you unplug any of the valve cover harnesses when you replaced the EGR valve?

ajpurc :

This code normally comes from a bad icp sensor but it could be a wiring fault as well.

Customer :

no, just the plug on the EGR valve.

ajpurc :

Does the code reader read data?

Customer :

yes

ajpurc :

We need to read injection control pressure with key on engine off and while cranking.

ajpurc :

Also see if it gives you IPR in %

ajpurc :

It may say IPR duty cycle

Customer :

ok, i will check and get back to you, thanks.

ajpurc :

OK no problem.

Customer :

when I first hooked up to read the codes it gave me an ICP of 660psi with the code. Now all it says is the pressure is N/A.

Customer :

ok, been messin with this this thing and it worked and started one time. Got pressures of about 930 - 960 when running and it was in the 450 - 470 range when not running. Turned it off and went to restart, readings went back to N/A. Checking ECM connections at the battery. Any other ideas?

ajpurc :

You can pull the valve cover and ohm out the ICP sensor harness from the sensor to the valve cover connector. The ICP wires are known for rubbing through on the oil rail.

Customer :

not sure where my last comment went? I replaced the ICP sensor and visually checked the wire harness from the sensor to the valve cover connector, still no start. Would you send me a wire diagram and troubleshooting procedures for this circuit?

Customer :

still there?

Customer :

I've replaced the ICP sensor and checked the wire harness and the truck is still not starting. can you give me the troubleshooting procedure for this circuit and a wire diagram?

Customer :

ajpurc :

Hey there sorry I wasnt on here. I pulled up the diag sheet for the circuit and my ISIS diagrams are down right now. I'm gonna opt-out so hopefully somebody can get you the diagrams. Thanks and sorry