Bobby Long
Bobby Long, Technician
Experience:  16 Years experience in Bobcat, And International tractor repair

bobcat: Parking Traction lock hold solenoid open circuit

I have a 2008 S330 and recently had a Parking Brake error code of M1607, which shows this as Traction lock hold solenoid open circuit. How do I repair this, so I can move the bobcat for service or repair myself?
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Bobby Long replied 5 years ago.

Hello I'm Bobby and welcome to just answer.

95% of the time when you get this code it means you have a failed park brake solenoid. The other 5% of the time its a loose connection at the solenoid. What you need to do is remove the 2 nuts on the front inside of the cab, they will take a 3/4 wrench to remove. Then flip the cab backward. Look straight down to the center of the chain case and your see a solenoid with a connector with 3 wires in it. Check the connection to make sure it tight. If so Then most of the time its the solenoid that has failed. It take a 7/16 socket and extension to remove the 2 bolts then slide the solenoid off and install a new solenoid. Hope this helps steer you in the right direction. Bobby......