How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bobby Long Your Own Question
Bobby Long
Bobby Long, Technician
Category: Heavy Equipment
Satisfied Customers: 380
Experience:  16 Years experience in Bobcat, And International tractor repair
Type Your Heavy Equipment Question Here...
Bobby Long is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

bobcat: Parking Traction lock hold solenoid open circuit

Resolved Question:

I have a 2008 S330 and recently had a Parking Brake error code of M1607, which shows this as Traction lock hold solenoid open circuit. How do I repair this, so I can move the bobcat for service or repair myself?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Bobby Long replied 5 years ago.

Hello I'm Bobby and welcome to just answer.

95% of the time when you get this code it means you have a failed park brake solenoid. The other 5% of the time its a loose connection at the solenoid. What you need to do is remove the 2 nuts on the front inside of the cab, they will take a 3/4 wrench to remove. Then flip the cab backward. Look straight down to the center of the chain case and your see a solenoid with a connector with 3 wires in it. Check the connection to make sure it tight. If so Then most of the time its the solenoid that has failed. It take a 7/16 socket and extension to remove the 2 bolts then slide the solenoid off and install a new solenoid. Hope this helps steer you in the right direction. Bobby......

Bobby Long and 3 other Heavy Equipment Specialists are ready to help you

Related Heavy Equipment Questions