Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager
Experience:  30 years exp. with diesel engines, heavy equipment and forklifts, including lp forklifts
30244710

b1800: It came with a front end loader, snow plow and brushhog.

About 10 years ago I purchased a new B7800 Kubota for yard use. It came with a front end loader, snow plow and brushhog. It has now only 250 hours on it. Two years ago I purchased a RCK60 belly mower and the dealer had to add the lever for the center PTO which was not standard when I bought the tractor. I recently bumped the side of a tree and slightly bent the grass shoot of the belly mower. Now when I shift the PTO lever to start the belly mower the engine shuts off. I detached that mower and hooked up the brush hog to the rear PTO when I released the clutch to run the brush hog the engine shuts down. With both mowers removed both of the PTOs will turn freely when I shift them and release the clutch. Is this an adjustment problem somewhere or do I have to haul the tractor back to the dealership? Thanks. Bill
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

curtis b :

Full Size Image
Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

curtis b :

The # XXXXX switches are the two pto switches. Follow the linkage from the pto lever, and you will find the switches mounted, one of them is not making contact or the harness is pulled loose. This gives a false reading to the system that the pto is on, and shuts engine off. Check both switches and the harness to them. Most likely one will be bent out of position. Let me know. thank you,.

Customer:

Thanks for your help Curtis. I was able to get it started and drove it up and down my drivedway but could not check the brush hog because the grass is too wet after the hurricane hopefully that will now work fine also. Bill

Curtis B., service manager
Experience: 30 years exp. with diesel engines, heavy equipment and forklifts, including lp forklifts