Kevin K
Kevin K, Technician
Experience:  30 year, 15 years Service manager, Factory Training on Case IH, John Deere, International Harvester

I hava 6230 red glow plug symbol flashes how do you retrieve codes i

I hava 6230 red glow plug symbol flashes how do you retrieve codes i have no book
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Kevin K replied 2 years ago.

Kevin K :

this is a little tricky when i'm not there to look at the menu, use the scroll knob on the right by the window and scroll to a screen that shows the picture of a ! mark or book symbol press the check mark to enter scrren , scroll thru the differnt spots the blue spot will go to ,, look for the book, put the blue spot on the book and press the check mark to enter, then the code list will come up it iwll take a minute to come up. you should see a lost of things like, ecu,bcu,bci, etc and it will says has code out beside the one that has the codes, if you put the blue spot on the down arrow on the left and then hit the check mark they is a 2 page, once you see the one that has a code put the blue spot on that line and push the check mark to enter and the code list will come up for that controller, write them down and then put the blue spot on the square spot with the 2 lines in it at the lower right area and press check again and this will clean the codes.

Kevin K :

you will have to play with it to get the hang of going through the controllers and checking the codes,

Kevin K :

start by playing with the scroll and check mark and look around, do not change any numbers in any screens, if you get lost or worried, just turn off the key and start over,, or press the button that has multiple lines on it on above and to the right of the check mark,

Kevin K :

there is nothing you can hurt in the unit unless you change settings , but anything you can just press the check mark and see is ok , see what codes you have and I will look them up for you Kevin K

Customer:

i'm not by the tractor now but i dont recall seeing any menu knob. this tractor does not have a cab. would it be different

Kevin K :

Yes it would be a differnt, we almost never see these tractors wouth out cab anymore, my mistake , let me research alittle and i will get back with you .

Kevin K :

I have not check all of it yet , but the operators manual says if you have a water sensor in the bottom on one of your fuel filters this light will flash if there is water in the filter , so you may want to drain the filter or change filters and see if this light will go out, Kevin K

Customer:

yea I found that by downloading operators manual

Customer:

.Just wondering if I can pull codes from tractor or do i need a hand held scanner

Customer:

its a 20 mile trip to get to machine trying to help a friend who bought it used something in ECU but need code

Kevin K :

this series of tractor in the cab model has no way to pull the codes. unless the unit has a performance monitor,, it can show an active code , but you can not pull them with out Deere's lap top or performance monitor, I believe this rops tractor will be the same,

Kevin K :

There is no scanner you can buy to read Deere's tractors , only John Deere has it, you can but the monitor which is what we did so we could read the tractors with out it, about $1000 with the cables,, if you dash is showing a ecu code , then I can look up the code of you , but others wise it will have to go to the dealer to diagnose it..Kevin K

Kevin K :

the light that is flashing is an engine fuel problem and some of those codes are only readable with the lap top, because this is a new engine with constant fuel rail pressure and electronic injectors not much you can do to the system with out reading the engine codes

Customer:

HUIE ? oh well thanks keep the change!!!!!!!

Kevin K, Technician
Experience: 30 year, 15 years Service manager, Factory Training on Case IH, John Deere, International Harvester