DDG, Service Coordinator
Experience:  2 years Truck shop experience, 12 years of Bobcat Compact Equipment experience

my diesel engine starts, and then shuts..5 amp fuse..electrical

Customer Question

my diesel engine starts, and then shuts down the 5 amp fuse blew i replaced it. thats when i decided the fuel shut selaniod was bad.i changed it too but the engine still shuts down about 3 sec. after starting,fuel pump is working im sure its electrical, just cant trace it, i got my boots on its getting dark hurry up please
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  DDG replied 5 years ago.

The fact that it starts and runs a few seconds and then shuts down makes it sound like it is being shut down as a protective measure.

Is the engine oil pressure coming up normally? Is the engine oil pressure switch opening once pressure builds?

Are there any warning lights or fault codes/alarms when the engine is started and shuts off?

Follow all Safety and Maintenance Procedures as illustrated in the Operation and Maintenance Manuals for your machine! Remember to click ACCEPT.