Kevin K
Kevin K, Technician
Experience:  30 year, 15 years Service manager, Factory Training on Case IH, John Deere, International Harvester
9843493

The front end loader mahindra tractor has a problem..lift

The front end loader mahindra tractor has a problem. when I move the controls left and right the bucket move stiffly and is hard to operate. The up and down lift works fine.
It' s just the bucket I am having trouble with. How can I get it fixed and what is the cost?
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Kevin K replied 3 years ago.

Kevin K :

is the handle and spool on the valve hard to move or is the bucket seem to be binding up on the loader, if it is the handle and valve let me know the model and make on the loader so I can see what valve you have, Kevin K

JACUSTOMER-mgp621vg- :

Kevin,

JACUSTOMER-mgp621vg- :

Kevin

JACUSTOMER-mgp621vg- :

Kevin model and make on the loader is ML110 on the control is MIMCO

JACUSTOMER-mgp621vg- :

sn 2s-10373

JACUSTOMER-mgp621vg- :

03-34

JACUSTOMER-mgp621vg- :

23392

JACUSTOMER-mgp621vg- :

thanks,

JACUSTOMER-mgp621vg- :

XXXXX XXXXX

Kevin K :

is the spool stiff of the bucket binding

Customer:

Kevin, as far as I know the bucket binder is stiff, according to my son in law

Customer:

who thanks he is a mechanic. however I know I am not a mechanic

Kevin K :

if the bucket is stiff the then the valve spool will still be easy to move, so from you hand you would not notice it

Kevin K :

if it is the bucket that is binding up when you move the lever and you have tried greasing it and it still not free up, then you will have to take the pins out where it mounts and clean them with Emery cloth, grease them and reinstall them

Kevin K :

if the spol in the valve will not move freely then you can remove the spool from the bottom of the valve and sand it, clean the detent area and grease all of it and reinstall it,

Kevin K :

I am still unsure if you find the handle hard to move or if the bucket is making noise as you move it

Kevin K :

or moving slowly when you move the handle Kevin K

Customer:

kevin the handle is stiff moving from side to side and sticks part of the way sometimes. but i have greased all the parts that takes grease but no change in the operation. my son in law removed the rubber cover on the handle and put some penetrating oil on the movable parts, it helped slightly but didn't last very long.

Customer:

my son in law thinks the o rings needs to be replaced in the control system but i don't know

Kevin K :

this is in the valve and will have to have the spool removed and replace the orings and clean up the detent , there is very little info i can send you on the tear down but I am look for you so hang in there,

Kevin K :

if you would like to send me a picture of your valve different angles I can probably walk you through tear down and repair,, not really that bad , send the pictures to thebirdhousestore@yahoo.com and i can tell you what to try next,, mimco is a Pakistan company I believe and has not pictures of break down that i have found let me know Kevin K

Customer:

where do we get parts to replace and what is the cost?

Kevin K :

if you want to replace the whole valve then any mahindria can order the valve assemble I will have to check on the cost, for you tomorrow, but you can probably just take the spool out of yours and clean it up and repair it, if not then you have lost nothing trying . Let me know it you want me to check on the price for you Kevin K

Customer:

Kevin I would appreciate if you would check on the price and I do thank you for your time

Kevin K :

i will check the price for you and let you know where you can order it ,, it will be monday afternoon before I can get back to you I have to wait for my dealer open , what zip code are you in Kevin K

Customer:

Kevin our zip code is 74019 that is in Claremore, OK Monday afternoon will be fine.

Kevin K :

Great i will find out and see if you have a dealer closer to you , looks like Tulsa is the closest if you want to use them if not we can us my local dealer Ill let you know Kevin K

Customer:

Kevin the dealer in tulsa is tulsa new holland and I don't like doing business with them.

Customer:

Kevin have you come up with anything yet?

Kevin K :

Sorry had to work very late today,

Kevin K :

I did check with the locale dealer the valve is $360.00 plus tax and shipping, Mahindria is out of the valve but has them on order. They did not have a ship date at this point , this valve comes form Pakistan I believe . You locale dealer will about the same I'm sure but I you can order it if need form My dealer he will be glad to help you ,They are in Shreveport ,LA

Customer:

Kevin,

Customer:

my son in law talked to the mahindra dealer in tulsa and they told him a complete unit would have to be replaced quoted him a price of $660.00 plus tax. I wonder if they are trying to rip us off? I have no idea what do you think?

Kevin K :

If this price is to remove your valve and replace the then it is a little high.

Customer:

Kevin this was just for the parts no labor included

Kevin K :

about 2 hours at the most even with clean up before and after, so $ 360.00 for the valve , $25 shipping, $75 per hour x 2 10 % tax 53.5 $588.88 total

Kevin K :

not sure what there labor rate is so that may cahnge it a little.

Kevin K :

this vavle should be very easy to put on , just make the lines and remove it and change the fittings over on the bench, and reinstall,, If you do you on work will save you a some.

Kevin K :

I can have my dealer call and check when he can get it and make sure has not changed to some other part number or design that has to be update, Do not want to talk bad about another dealer if he knows something i don't

Customer:

I appreciate all of your help I will pass this on to my son in law see what he thinks we should do. It only has 304 hours on it I hope this is not a sign of things to come. For what little I use it I guess I should just sell it. Just have to wait and see I guess.

Kevin K :

This is a good tractor and no matter what brand you own these things happen , I work on all kinds ,, it would be allot cheaper on you if you son in law m just removed the spool assy and cleaned it up . I would probably need no parts just a good cleaning and sand a little rust , I it where here I would just repair you valve because I am sure that is all it needs, Let me know, Kevin K

Kevin K, Technician
Experience: 30 year, 15 years Service manager, Factory Training on Case IH, John Deere, International Harvester