1. Turn the key on, verify the ICON lamp turns on for three seconds, then turns off. At the same time, the software version will flash on the thermostat display for ten seconds.
2. Start the truck and turn the cab temperature control and fans to a desired (moderate) setting.
3. With the hood open, the transmission in neutral, the parking brake set, and the engine still running, turn the cruise control switch on to attempt activating ICON , verifying that the ICON lamp remains turned off.
4. Turn the cruise control switch off and close the hood, leaving the engine running.
5. Turn the cruise control switch on, verify the ICON lamp flashes on and off at a fast rate.
6. Depress the clutch pedal and put the transmission in gear, verify the ICON lamp flashes on and off at a slow rate.
7. Put the transmission back in neutral, verify the ICON lamp remains on (while pulsing off briefly once per second). ICON is now active.
8. Turn the cruise switch off for a second, then on, verify the ICON lamp flashes on and off at a fast rate.
9. Depress the clutch pedal and put the transmission in gear, verify the ICON lamp flashes on and off at a slow rate.
10. Put the transmission back in neutral, verify the ICON lamp remains on (while pulsing off briefly once per second). ICON is now active.
11. Press the On/Mode button on the Cab Thermostat until the inside temperature is displayed.
12. Verify that the inside temperature displayed on the Cab Thermostat is approximately correct.
13. Press the On/Mode button on the Cab Thermostat, verify the outside temperature is displayed and it is approximately correct.
14. Verify, neither the Heat nor Cool indicator is flashing on the Cab Thermostat display (you may need to change the heat or cool set-point to beyond the current cab temperature to stop the heat or cool indicator from flashing).
15. Wait for ICON to shut the engine down, verify the ICON lamp is still illuminated after the engine shuts down (the alternator voltage should be at least 13.5 volts and the oil temperature needs to be over 120 degrees F for ICON to shut the engine down).
16. Using each of the On/Mode, Up, Down and Enter buttons on the Cab Thermostat, turn the heat or cool mode on and change the appropriate set-point so that the Cab Thermostat heat or cool indicator is flashing.
17. Verify that ICON sounds the engine start alarm for 14 seconds and then automatically starts the engine (the ICON lamp should still be illuminated).
18. Release the parking brake, verify the engine shuts down and the ICON lamp turns off.
19. Change the Cab Thermostat set point back to the default setting.
20. Turn the key off.