Andy, Technician
Experience:  310s and 310t technician licenses, 17 yrs experience, International Diamond Certified Tech 7 yrs
A new question is answered every 9 seconds check engine light came on with a ecu 128 message

I have an '05 Freightliner Columbia with a DDEC V engine. This morning my check engine light came on with a ecu 128 message. It's showing 2 fault codes. One is a PID 411 and the other is SID 146. Seems like it would be a sensor or something. The engine is running fine except it seems to be de-rated. I can only get about 26-28lbs of boost out of it and the power is just not there. Any answers as to what this is would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to try and help you resolve your problem! Hopefully, together, we can get to the bottom of this ! I willtry and look up the meaning of your codes for you !

pid 411-Recirculated Engine Exhaust Gas Differential Pressure

Can't seem to find the rest of the code ! Can you write down exactly what you are seeing on display ? I believe there should be an FMI code as well?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok. I just stopped and turned the engine off for about 5 minutes. Now I just have one fault code. It's the PID 411 code. Also it flashes "-98785.9" when scrolling thru the diagnostic screen.

411-is recirculated engine exhaust gas differential pressure ! But that is only part of the fault code ! You should have an FMI number! (fault mode indicator) This number tells us what exactly is wrong with the recirculated engine exhaust gas differential pressure!

You may have a sensor that is out of range ! May need to replace the sensor !

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok. Finally figured out the FMI code is 0.

411 fmi 0 means egr delta pressure high

This is the sensor mounted just above the turbo with 2 small metal tubes that connect to it . I will try and find some diagnostic steps for you if you like!