Kevin K
Kevin K, Technician
Experience:  30 year, 15 years Service manager, Factory Training on Case IH, John Deere, International Harvester

I have a john deere 5210 the transmission is locked..pull

i have a john deere 5210 the transmission is locked up in a and b drive, but will pull in c drive. it locked up while driving.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Kevin K replied 5 years ago.

Kevin K :

I have seen this before , if it will move in the c range but not in the others it is staying in c range even thought you moved the lever out, when you shift to the other ranges it is 2 gears at once,

Kevin K :

you will have to pull the seat, and seat plate, the pull the shift top and shift it back to neutral with screw driver, then look at the shift cover and see if you can find worn or loose parts, i would tell which part but that is differnt on ever tractor, let me know if I can be of help to you Kevin K