Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager
Experience:  30 years exp. with diesel engines, heavy equipment and forklifts, including lp forklifts
30244710

need wiring diagram for john deere 4020 24v

curtis b :

Full Size Image
Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

curtis b :

Will this work?

Customer:

Yes

curtis b :

I hope this helps. Thank you.

Customer:

Can you give a breakdown of the numbers? I am looking for the main battery leads. Although the batteries are connected, the trekker do not want to start. Do not know if wiring is correct.

curtis b :

24 and 25 are the battery leads.

Customer:

24 is connected to the solinoide. 25 is connected to the starter. Is there a connection wire between the 2 points on the starter itself?

curtis b :

No, there is a connection from both batteries to the frame. #22 and 23

curtis b :

Any connection between the two cables would be direct short.!!

Customer:

how can the system be 24v if the two negatives are connected to frame and the two posetives are on two different places on the starter. My problem is when i switch on everything remains dead although i bought two new batteries,i havent touched the ignition wires

curtis b :

One negative goes to frame and one positive goes to frame. The other negative goes to starter, the positive goes to solenoid. To get 24 volts, you have to put batteries in series, and leave one positive and one negative for power.

Customer:

if i understand correctly the tractors frame is the series connection between the two batteries pos. and neg. and the remaining pos.goes to the solenoid and the remaining neg. to the starter?

curtis b :

Yes.!

Customer:

I thank you for your time,without your help i would never have solved this problem. you are number one .Have a good weekend

curtis b :

Thank you!