Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager
Experience:  30 years exp. with diesel engines, heavy equipment and forklifts, including lp forklifts

A sperry new holland L 35 nh skid steer and the master link..diagram

Customer Question

i have a sperry new holland L 35 nh skid steer and the master link in the chain of the chain drive let go and not sure the path of the chain is does anyone have info or diagram
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 years ago.

curtis b :

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help. The chain is straight forward, just from the front , to the back pulley. The question is which side of the idler does the chain go on to adjust the slack. The picture in the parts book does not show if chain goes above or below the adjustment idler. Let me know if this is any help.

no, sorry that doesnt help. your right it looks straight forward but the chain doesnt line up. seems that the chain is to long,is it possible that when the link came off the idler sliped out of place and that is why the chain is to long. their is no damage in the chain case the link is even fine. the diagram in my manual doesnt match my machine , but have other paper work that the diagram is closer. the chain adjuster is above the front wheel but the idler is on the bottom.still could use some help please

curtis b :

Full Size Image