tj
tj, Mechanic
Experience:  10 years of john deere,agco,new holland,cummins
28098184

I have a John Deere 4430 with a SyncroRange Transmission. Last

I have a John Deere 4430 with a SyncroRange Transmission. Last night while cultivation with 3 point unit the tractor failed to lift the cultivator. Checked the tractor and added a gallon of hydraulic fluid to the tractor. At first the tractor did not lift the unit but then reviving up the tractor it lift the unit but I lost brakes and power steering. Moved the tractor a short distance and it would not move in any roward or reverse gears. What is happening to the tractor?
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  tj replied 5 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. It sounds like your transmission pump has failed the way to confirm this is to remove your top link on the 3 point the take the block off and there is a plug under there remove the plug out and there is a hex shaft grab it with a pair of pliers and see if you can remove it and if you can then it has failed. and you will need to remove the 3 point housing on the tractor and install a new pump. but before you do this i would change the filter and see if this helps

If you need any more help just ask

If you agree with my answer then please accept,feedback is also welcomed THANKS