Ask heavy equipment mechanic Your Own Que...
heavy equipment mechanic
heavy equipment mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  25 years experience in heavy equipment,truck, gas, diesel repair,air brakes,trouble shooting
23807485

I have an older skyjack scissor lift model #sjiii3220. The

Customer Question

I have an older skyjack scissor lift model #sjiii3220. The lift will steer but not move forward or in reverse and it will not go up not even with the switch in the hyd. door. I have checked to see if the solenoids are firing and they are. When I try to raise it you can hear the pump pull down but again nothing happens. At first I thought maybe the level switch was out of wack, it has a green and red light that are both lit and when I move it slightly a orange light also comes on(I'm not sure what all the lights mean). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  heavy equipment mechanic replied 6 years ago.

heavy equipment mechanic :

It sounds like a sensor problem, but with out the serial number it is hard to
tell. You asked for any information on this So i'm givng you the service and operating manuels for this model, but you need to get the serial # to use the correct manuel http://www.skyjack.com/technical-manuals?search=SJIII+3220&doc_type=All&submit.x=22&submit.y=17