DR.Cummins
DR.Cummins, FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Experience:  16 Years working on Cummins Diesel engines,

Volvo: cummins isx my oil pressure gauge..engine oil..filters

Customer Question

hi i have volvo 670 with cummins isx my oil pressure gauge is not going up i changed engine oil and filters .i did gauges test its works but while i start my truck remains on zero.someone can tell me what should be the problem how to fix that
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  DR.Cummins replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! I would be more than happy to assist you today. Did this just happen after the oil change? Any check engine lights on the dash? When the engine is running?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
YES IT WAS BEFORE CHANGING OIL AND CHECK ENGINE FAULT IS COMING ON DASHBORD
Ok recheck the oil level and make sure it is correct as this will make air in the system and the sensor will not read correct. If the level is not over full check the oil press with a manual gauge if you have pressure replace the sensor. Take the reading for the oil press at the sensor hole ( remove sensor and take reading)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
WHERE I WILL FIND A SENSOR FOR OIL PRESSURE
on the drivers side below the ISFM and next to the lift pump it's mid way down center of the block it's a 1 1/16 sensor , I can get you a pic if you provide the engine serial number
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK I SEND U ENGINE SERIAL NUMBER OR U NEED VIN ALSO WORK
engine serial number off either the ecm tag or valve cover tag Thanks a bunch
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I WILL REPLY U 20-25 MIN

i'll be here

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
isx 450 hp esn- 79276646 p/n(NNN) NNN-NNNN

i found an open Campaign for your engine, any cummins or dealer can do this for you free of charge, Getting pic now

ISX CM871 CPL (2732 and 3229) and ISM CM876 Calibration Campaign

Attention

• Worldwide distr./ branches and Div./Reg Offices
  • U.S / Canadian Distr./Branches and Div. Offices
  • U.S / Canadian Dealers

This is to revise and replace Campaign 0965, dated 08-Dec-2009. This revision is to:

1. Update the ISX CM871 ESN list.

If additional information is required, contact your Cummins Warranty Operations Group Leader.

Description

This Campaign is being released to update the ECM calibration in ISX CM871 (CPL 2732 and 3229) and ISM CM876 engines.

Repair locations are instructed to verify that the ESN is present in one of the attached ESN lists and if so update the ECM calibration using the November 2009 INCALTM DVD or later.

Action

In order to qualify for repair under this field action, an engine:

1. will be covered Regardless of coverage status, and
  2. must be on the attached ESN list.

After verifying that the engine meets the above requirements, perform the following actions:

1. Verify the engine serial number is XXXXX in one of the attached ESN lists.
  2. Using INSITETM update the ECM calibration with the calibration found on the November or later INCALTM DVD.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
where is pic

#5 in this location or close you see the sensor,

graphic

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
u want me to replace sensor or after taking reading
Well as a rule of thumb with oil pressure you always verify that you have it, before replacing, You can always just replace it, too You have the check engine lights, But verify the oil level is correct also as this will throw off the sensor, The sensor part number for your engine is(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i just put in around 40 litres
check the stick again, did you fill the filter before you installed it,

Total Lubricating Oil System Capacity Including Filter:

Automotive and Industrial45.4 liters [12 gal]
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes i put it around 2 liter
ok, i just gave you the spec for the engine, 45 liters total capacity, recheck the stick and add some if needed you should still have oil pressure with the 42 in it. i just wanted to make sure you did not overfill the engine. I have seen it many times and the sensor will not read.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok i will try in morning and contact u after that .thanks
no problem. thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
HI,I GOING TO CHECK IF WILL GET ANY THING IWILL REPLY U
ok. i will be here