Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager
Experience:  30 years exp. with diesel engines, heavy equipment and forklifts, including lp forklifts
30244710

valve adjustments for a hyster h50j forklift?

Customer Question

What are the valve adjustments for a Hyster H50J forklift? And are they hot or cold?
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 years ago.

curtis b :

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help. Do you know what engine you have? Hyster always has at least two engines they offer as options on their lifts. How old is lift? Most of the latter model engines have hydraulic lifters and do not require valve adjustment.

JACUSTOMER-nelverwm- :

Chevy engine not sure how old

JACUSTOMER-nelverwm- :

4 cylinder is what I am told and probably pretty old

JACUSTOMER-nelverwm- :

serial number f003d03217f

curtis b :

GM engine will not require valve adjustment, it has hydraulic lifters. What kind of problem do you have?

JACUSTOMER-nelverwm- :

I do not know, I am trying to get answers for a tech in the field. He has no service manual and wanted to know if the intake was like .10 and the exhaust was like .15and if it was hot or cold adjustments.

curtis b :

If it has hydraulic lifters , trying to set the valves at .010 and .015 will be a hard task, and the rockers will probably fall off when unit starts.