Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  34 years experiance as engine rebuild and problems.Thermo-King repair and trouble shooting.
6825259

A fuel gauge problem with my Kubota L2350 tractor...sending unit

Customer Question

I have a fuel gauge problem with my Kubota L2350 tractor.. The gauge quit reading and stayed on empty all the time. I replaced the sending unit and the gauge. Now it reads accurately when the tractor is not moving , but when it is moving it flucuates wildly. I have proper voltage to the sending unit according to the shop manual (4-6 volts) at idle. Could this be a ground issue?

Thanks for your help

JimW
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Wayne replied 3 years ago.

wayne :

Hi I'm Wayne, I will help you with this,

Expert:  Wayne replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Wayne replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jim,

OK lets start here from beginning.......
I f you have sending unit out of tank, and move arm, the gauge will read the amount.....correct.

You do have a proper voltage ,
But one thing that concerns me is the ground wire at sender clean and tight ....

Then the next thing is a loose connection in harness, a plug vibrating as you drive

Let me know
Wayne, Journeyman
Experience: 34 years experiance as engine rebuild and problems.Thermo-King repair and trouble shooting.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The tractor is out at my ranch and i wont be going out there for a couple of weeks. Now that i think about it i believe that the loose ground connection might be the problem. i will work on it next time out there and let you know.

Thanks for the help Wayne

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i was out an my ranch this weekend and i found that the ground in the wiring harness was loose. i reconnected it and it works like a champ,

thanks for your help

JimW
Expert:  Wayne replied 3 years ago.

Mornking Jim,

glad to hear it, you are welcome

wayne Cool