Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  34 years experiance as engine rebuild and problems.Thermo-King repair and trouble shooting.
6825259

Does Caterpillar publishe recommended service times and labour

Customer Question

Does Caterpillar publishe recommended service times and labour requirements for each type of mining equipment, ie CAT 789 A,B,C, 994 Loader, D11N Dozer, 16H & M Grader? We need to compare our labour requirements and schedules against a benchmark figure.
Thanks
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Wayne replied 5 years ago.

wayne :

Hi I'm Wayne, I will help you with this,

wayne :

Hi, Cat does not on line, publish a labor rate , and how long a job should Take,. they did however have a standard time, Called book time, . That you can find in a manual , Called Chiltons flat rate Labor time , we had these in our shop as a guide line for mechanics Time , Per job, and Customer charge rate

wayne :

here is a web site to contact them , via E-mail

wayne :

https://www.chiltonsondemand.com/contact-us.html?osCsid=dhbjsf9o473fqm3li7t7atenu3

wayne :

click on contact US

JACUSTOMER-jcnit3sx- :

JACUSTOMER-jcnit3sx- :

Chiltons appear to be focused on highway vehicles and do not have any information on Caterpillar that I can find. I have emailed them to see if this information is available from them. So far I don't have the answer I am looking for.

wayne :

Hello, Eric,

wayne :

That is why I I looked up the address, for you contact them, I know for a fact a AG book labor time i s available , I have seen them

wayne :

I will continue to search this, with others, , mean time wait to you hear from them.......

wayne :

Just off the phone with a friend of mine, he said he did not think that they had a book for public, of labor rates , he is a field Tech, off road.......but he did give me this info

wayne : Caterpillar Corporate Headquarters

100 North East Adams Street
Peoria, Illinois USA 61629
1(NNN) NNN-NNNN/td>
wayne :

looked it up here is the web site,

wayne :

http://www.cat.com/cda/layout?m=37391&x=7

JACUSTOMER-jcnit3sx- :

wAYNE

JACUSTOMER-jcnit3sx- :

I have learned from our local dealer Westrac that the information i require is termed TIME GUIDE REQUIREMENTS. I have put a request to them to also see if they can provide it. It is not available to me on the CAT SIS website.

Expert:  catmastertech replied 5 years ago.

Most dealers set thiner own time guides since each area has its own problems (salt, corrosion or cold weather).

CAT only provides times to cover warranty or product updates and this is only what they will pay the dealer to do the repair.

If they have a book, I have not seen it.

I doubt a dealer will share this information.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Donnie
I have had a response from our Customer Service Manager for Westrac saying that he is following up the request. I'll let you know if they do indeed supply it. As a dealer they also offer Maintenance and Repair agreements so they must have their own estimates. Your explanation of CAT not providing this makes sense. Should have an answer in a day or two.
Just a note: Wayne started this question and should get the accept. I only wanted to add what I had experienced in the past.
Expert:  Wayne replied 5 years ago.

Hello Eric,
I have learned that Chicago has it's own, time/book rate manual, it is not for Publication,

Donnie, was trying to help, He is a Good man/Expert, and very handy,helpful, on Questions.

see what you come up with, other than, what I told you to contact Cat at Peoria , ILL

Thanks, Wayne
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I received a reply from our dealer Westrac with estimates of book time for the fleet we have. It would still like to get a response from your forum about what these hours may be for a comparison.
Regards
Expert:  Wayne replied 5 years ago.

Evening Eric,

As we have found that is not for public, If you can give some specific jobs, I can try to get that for you in labor hours .......

Did you ever contact Cat in Peoria , Home Office ??

Thanks, Wayne
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If you give me your email address I can send you what I have and if you can put some CAT data against these services I'll be very pleased.
Expert:  Wayne replied 5 years ago.

Morning Eric ,

I'm sorry but we can not have personal contact with customers, JA rules

We must communicate here

Thanks, Wayne