daves71, Fleet Manager
Experience:  35+years working on heavy equipment and heavy duty trucks

I have a 97 bobcat 751 how do you get in tank fuel filter out

Customer Question

I have a 97 bobcat 751 how do you get in tank fuel filter out i beleve it feel off
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  daves71 replied 5 years ago.

Hi Mike, the in tank filter is a small screen attached to the bottom of the fuel pickup tube.If it did indeed fall off you would still have fuel to the engine, if fuel pickup is the problem then more than likely the fuel pickup tube is broken. Let me know and we can go from there,thanks,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do i get the pick up tube out and were is it.I am having troble starting it
Expert:  daves71 replied 5 years ago.
Ok, the pickup tube comes out of the top of the fuel tank.To access this raise the cab and the fuel tank is located under the engine and hydrostatic units. the best way to locate the pickup tube is to have someone move the pickup line from the rear compartment ( rear access ) and find it on the under cab side. Then when you locate it coming out of the fuel tank grasp the line at the 90 degree fitting and pull up on it. This will expose the full length of the fuel pickup tube . Replace the line and screen ( bobcat parts are best for a good fit on replacement).
Expert:  daves71 replied 5 years ago.
as a side note , make sure to replace the external fuel filter