FIX-IT
FIX-IT, Technician
Experience:  ENGINES-ELECTRICAL

Freightliner sport chasis How do you do a parked regenration

How do you do a parked regenration on a Freight liner sport chasis?
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer.i can help you with this..a parked regen cannot be done unless the dpf light is on.its the one that looks like this click here,look at the bottom of the letter.And once that light is on.pull the truck over to the side of the road and make sure the exhaust is clear of any obstructions like a tree etc.then push and hold button for 10 seconds,from there the idle will ramp up and regen will begin.takes 30 - 40 min,so grab a coffee and relax.once done the engine will automatically ramp back down and you can be on your way.And the button you push looks just like the warning light..let me know if you have anymore questions..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That did not work. I have a check engine light and a flashing DPF light. It did nothing when I pushed and held the button for 10 seconds....help??????????????? This same thing happened and we took the truck in to a dealer. They charged us $900 to tell us that the truck only needed to regen but did not tell us how to do it.
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 3 years ago.

alright,try this,release and apply the park brake,step on the service brake,then release.Put the transmission in gear and then neutral,the ecm sometimes needs to see all these inputs change before allowing a regen.. as when your doing the above you are actually cycling the pressure switches associated with the brake peddle etc..let me know how you do.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok sir.....went through those steps with my husband twice. still no response from the truck. I do not know what we are doing wrong. the regen is just not initiating. any further suggestions??
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 3 years ago.
can get the last 6 of your vin pls ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Y59794....sorry. I know it is late but we are loaded with a PC-120 trackhoe that has to be at a job site by 7 am.
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 3 years ago.

ok,the only thing i can think of at this point is the switch isn't plugged in properly.

click here

remove screws and take panel off and confirm..also confirm that the correct circuts are going to plug .sometimes the recepticals that go into plug can be plugged into wrong switch.let me know how you do.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That is way above my head at this point. I do not think the plug is wrong because the dealership was able to perform the parked regen approx 2 months ago. my husband will have to try this after he rests a while. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 3 years ago.
no problem..be safe,the reason the dealer was able to do the regen was they were able to do it with the computer and your dash switch was never used..guaranteed..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok....will check and let you know. Thank you.
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 3 years ago.
ok
FIX-IT, Technician
Experience: ENGINES-ELECTRICAL